Thursday, 18 February 2016

Review: Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer


Last year, a couple of my friends raved to me about how great the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer and I decided to pick up the mini on whim to test it out. This was one of my first high end primers (after Benefit's Porefessional) and it's just such a different product! I love how gorgeous the packaging is and the frosted glass has a weighty and luxurious feel to it. This primer is oil, fragrance, paraben and nanoparticle free. The primer also contains some zinc oxide and titanium dioxide so it has a little bit of SPF. I haven't noticed a white cast in any of my photos but that also depends on the other makeup that you're using too.


Mineral Veil has a thin and light consistency and has a very opaque white colour. It does blend out to become translucent and I normally use either half a pump to a pump. A little really goes a long way with this product and it's such a dream to blend. This primer seems to make everything I apply look noticeably better. I love how smooth my face feels after application. The Mecca girls also told me that it's a great product for reducing facial redness as well. That's a little bit of a leap but I do think that it minimises some redness and creates a very smooth surface for you to apply your foundation on.

Mineral Veil Primer also seems to make my makeup last a lot longer than without primer. It extends the life of my makeup the same as any primer but this one seems to do so without any major fading or patching. I also love how moisturising it is as it is able to smooth out some of my dry flakes during the cooler months. My skin also looks more vibrant and clearer with the primer on as well as filling in some of my fine lines.  Mineral Veil Primer definitely comes on top as one of my most loved primers of all time. I can't really afford to use this primer every day but I do like to use it a couple of times a week - especially if I have events or longer days. 

I think that the one downside of Mineral Veil Primer is the price. It's definitely not the cheapest primer out on the market and I'd really recommend asking for a sample or purchasing the smallest size to test out. I found that I was able to use the travel size version for almost 6 months before it started running out. I think that it's a great product to try out for those who have normal to combination skin types. Those who are too dry might prefer to try Hourglass's other primer offering No. 28 Primer Serum which works wonders on dry skin! 

Price and Availability: $26 for 8.95ml travel size $76 for 30mls regular size at Mecca. 

Repurchase: Yes! Will be picking up the regular size instead. 

Have you tried out any Hourglass products? 
What's your favourite high end primer? Let me know in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. This is my fav primer too!
    I kind of think your better off spending more money on something you love then buying 3 or 4 cheaper ones which you don't love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)