Sunday, 17 January 2016

Review: Elf Eyelid Primer in Champagne

A couple of months ago, Iherb was having a sale on their cosmetics and I was interested in buying a backup eye primer. I was originally going to pick up another of the ELF Eyelid Primers in the Sheer shade however that was sold out so I decided to try Champagne instead.
Champagne is a light taupe/cool brown shade that has a glittery finish. I'm not a huge fan of the glittery look but I find that it does add an interesting touch to your eyeshadow, especially when you're trying to do bolder looks. Fortunately, most of the glitter is covered up by my every day matte eyeshadows so it’s appropriate for many different uses. Sheer is basically what its’ name implies – it’s a soft sheer beige shade that has a slight shimmer to it. Pearl (which I don’t own) is often described as a radiant white shimmer that is quite opaque. 
The doe foot applicator is my favourite way of applying eye primer. I'm not a huge fan of using my fingers to apply eye primers as it makes them sticky afterwards. The applicator is also great as the formula of the primer is quite thick and the doe foot can evenly spread the product across the eyelid. Despite the glitter, the primer is very spreadable and hasn’t caused any creasing. The coverage of Champagne is quite light at best – I wouldn’t expect it to hide any eyelid redness or veins.

I’m not a huge fan of Champagne as I do think that the Sheer shade of Elf’s Eyelid Primers is definitely a better product as it suits my eyeshadow a bit more. However, I did enjoy both of them as they were easy to blend out and didn’t feel drying on my lids. I find that my eyeshadows do look more vibrant with eye primer and lasting time seems to be a tad longer than usual. I don’t feel as though this primer prevents eyeliner smudging or fading but I’m not too fussy about that considering how affordable this primer is.

Price and Availability: $3 at Kmart Australia or other ELF counters or $2 online at Iherb.com.au

Repurchase: Yes but in the Sheer or Pearl shade

PS- Check out fabulousandfunlife for the usual link up party

10 comments:

  1. For $2-3 it was certainly worth a try!
    I might get the sheer, next time I do an Iherb haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes iherb hauls are the best :D

      Delete
  2. So affordable! I'll have to check out Elf products next time I'm shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a bit more expensive at kmart/target but they're still drugstore prices :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried this product before but I might hunt out the Sheer or Pearl shade for myself also! $3 is such a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Sheer one is definitely worth the money :)

      Delete
  4. Crikey I had no idea that Elf products were so inexpensive - lovely review hon ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooo very interesting. I've been loving their face primer which was the first Elf product I've ever bought. I'll have to pick this up next x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My eyeshadow smudge all the time, I should probably get a primer. I usually use concealer that's too dry for my under eye but works alright as an eyelid primer

    lilynotlouise.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)