Sunday, 27 December 2015

What's In My Makeup Bag: Travel Edition

Makeup Bag, Travel Edition, Say Yip, Too Faced, Eyeshadow, ELF Brushes, Real Techniques, Australis Fresh and Flawless, Lancome, Mac, Revlon lipstick, matte, Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation, Australis Brow Tint, Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, Makeup Essentials

So whilst I was procrasti-packing for my recent trip to the Central Coast/Nelson Bay, I decided to take a couple of snaps and share what I would take with me on a short holiday. If I had to define the style, it would definitely be complete but also minimalistic (except for lip products). This bag has everything I'd need for every day use as well as a glammed up party/dinner look. Some of these products are new so I was definitely keen to trial them on my holiday.  

I'm not a huge fan of using sponges whilst I'm on holiday as I feel like they'll pick up more dust/germs and are harder to clean than brushes. My no-fuss base is the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer (Travel Size) as it reduces facial redness and preps the face for Rimmel's Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation which is finally followed by the Australis Fresh and Flawless Powder. This combo results in a natural but full coverage look. I always take medium or full coverage foundations/powders with me on trips as it means I don't have to bring concealer as well. 

I'm a huge fan of contouring and highlighting so of course I had to bring my Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder and Highlight with me. I love using ELF's Blush Brush to apply this onto my cheeks. I tend to use one side of the brush for the highlight and the other side for the contour. I didn't really contour or highlight much on my trip just because I was always running out of time and it didn't really seem necessary anyways. 

Makeup Bag, Travel Edition, Say Yip, Too Faced, Eyeshadow, ELF Brushes, Real Techniques, Australis Fresh and Flawless, Lancome, Mac, Revlon lipstick, matte, Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation, Australis Brow Tint, Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, Makeup Essentials

Moving onto the eyes, I decided to take my everyday Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette as it can create a huge range of eye looks! As you can see I use Heaven (matte white) and Nudie (matte warm brown) the most. I decided to change it up and use a combination of Cashmere Bunny (matte cool brown) and Push Up (shimmery bronze). I also took a mini Too Faced Shadow Insurance just in case I wanted to amp up my eyeshadows. My choice of eyeliner is the Physician's Formula 2 in 1 Eye Booster in Black as it is relatively waterproof and long lasting. I went with a simple brow look by using the Australis "Tint My Brow"

Lip products are always soemthing I seem to have too much of as I didn't end up using everything on my trip. To moisturise, I have the Kora Organics Vitamin Enhanced Lip Balm which I'm not totally in love with but it does moisturise well. During my trip, I mainly used Lancome's L'Absolu Rouge in Rose Incarnation (soft coral pink). I also had MAC See Sheer, Revlon Just Bitten Matte Balm in Unapologetic and Essence Lip Liner in Satin Mauve but I didn't end up using any of these. 

For skincare, I just stick to whatever basics I'm used to using and I try and put them into small containers for easy access. I also tend to carry some first aid essentials in my makeup bag such as bandaids or tissues or hand sanitiser. I think that sums up everything that I took with me on my travels. What are your makeup essentials for travelling?  

1 comment:

  1. Wow you were very good haha I would have taken triple that! I'm pretty bad when it comes to packing makeup... even though no matter where I go I always tend to buy more haha! xx

    Jasmine / sweetaholic-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)