Friday, 11 December 2015

Review: Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey

Clinique Almost Lipstick Black Honey
Exciting news: I passed first year! I'm officially 20% a doctor! Almost a whole year ago, I embarked on the most stressful 3 hour train ride to Newcastle ever. And little did I know that it would be just the one of many trips that I would be making for the next year of my life. One of my faithful companions on the trip (besides my mum <3) was the Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey.

Black Honey is almost a world famous cult classic lipstick that has lead to the development of a whole range of cosmetics that are dedicated to the colour itself. I would describe Clinique’s Almost Lipstick range as moisturising sheer lipsticks that are only a tad more pigmented than regular tinted lip balms. They feel amazing comfortable on the lips and offer a soft touch of colour. The formula is quite smooth and has an emollient consistency which is awesome for people who have dry lips (me). 

As Black Honey is “almost a lipstick” the pigmentation of the lipstick is quite weak. In comparison to other moisturising, sheer lipsticks such as Urban Decay Sheer Revolution lipsticks and some Revlon Lip Butters, Clinique’s Almost Lipsticks are quite weak in terms of pigmentation. 3-4 applications of Black Honey would be needed to even match the colour offered by a single swipe of Revon Lip Butters. I would say that the formula of the Almost Lipsticks are quite similar to the original Chubby Sticks. 

Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey

In the tube, Black Honey appears as a dark redcurrent colour however the real applied colour is much sheerer and lighter. Black Honey is apparently a universal colour that looks flattering on all skintones and is said to match every skintone possible. On me, Black Honey sheer earthen red-brown colour that is a great MLBB (my lips but better) lipstick. In all honesty though, I wouldn’t say that Black Honey is the perfect shade for me. The colour sure does match my skintone but it’s not really the type of colour I like on myself. I also feel that Black Honey tends to make me look a bit more mature which is what I wanted to look at my interviews. 

Overall I would say that Black Honey is a pretty good lipstick despite the fact that it's lacking in pigmentation. It's a simple, non-fragranced, non-sticky lipstick that would be perfect for a phethora of situations. Black Honey will forever hold a dear place in my heart as the lipstick that accompanied me to my first university interview. 

Price and Availability: $36 from Clinique counters, Myer, David Jones or online at clinique.com.au 

Repurchase: Not in the near future

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)