Tuesday, 6 October 2015

NOTD: XOX Cosmetics in 08

XOX cosmetics in 08 nail polish

Just a quick NOTD post since I haven't done one in a while. These are my favourite posts as I love nail polish but taking the photos can be quite tricky especially if the lighting isn't that great. I wore this a few days ago when I went out with my family as I thought it matched my new wallet! I remember purchasing the XOX Cosmetics Nail Lacquer in 08 back in Year 11 which was about 3 years ago. It was only $2 or $3 at Global Brands Outlet on Level 1 of Parramatta Westfields. It's one of those discount stores which always seem to have "closing down" sales and overly enthusiastic people screaming out the latest bargains. It used to be my favourite place to shop for affordable makeup, nail polish and snacks!

XOX cosmetics in 08 nail polish swatch

XOX Cosmetics isn't really a brand that I'm familiar with but the colour looked promising so I purchased it along with a teal blue shade. I couldn't find a shade name so I'm guessing that the shade is simply called 08. I would describe it as a strong lilac shade which would be perfect for the warmer months. In the photo above, I used two coats of 08 with an additional clear top coat. The colour is quite opaque which surprised me considering how cheap the nail polish was! Other $2 nail polishes that I've tried in the past (BYX or Kmart) have all had terrible brushes, a watery formula and terrible colours. 08 was definitely not one of those and it has lasted amazingly too! It still hasn't chipped and I'm loving how vibrant the colour is! 

Price and Availability: $2-3 at Global Brands Outlet or other bargain makeup stores 

Repurchase: Yes! But in another shade of course :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)