Sunday, 20 September 2015

Review: Laneige Water Supreme Finishing Pact SPF 25PA++

Sorry everyone - long time no blog. I've had mid-semester exams recently and uni has just been pretty full on for the past few weeks. We've recently started renal which isn't too bad but it definitely has a lot of content to get around. I thought I'd be able to blog a bit more but I just found myself procrastinating to the fullest extent and then suffering later for it. I also heard that UMAT results came out recently and I know that HSC is just around the corner so I'm wishing the best of luck to all those who are sitting the exams! Even though it's been two years, I still remember all the stress and disappointment that I went through. I'm currently on two weeks of break so hopefully I'll be able to de-stress, chill, blog and study a bit more :) 

Laneige Water Supreme Finishing Pact SPF

Last year, one of my friends went to travel around Asia and of course I made her pick up Korean skincare and cosmetics for me (thanks so much!). I find that my skin really enjoys Laneige products and has never reacted to any of its products before. If I had to choose a favourite brand it would probably be Laneige (even though I haven't tried that many of their products). This was my first dip into Laneige makeup products! I'm normally a huge fan of Laneige skincare products so I decided to try out their makeup range to see if I'd like it as much. So this finishing pact is part of the Water Supreme line which tries to recreate the clear baby skin look which is apparently the most ideal skin look there is. 

I chose this powder over the others as I have dry skin and powders can sometimes look/feel too drying on my skin. This range also claims to use "water trans powder" which mimics the surface of water to control the refraction and reflection of light on the skin to cover up flaws (hence the lovely reflective packaging). I'm really loving the packaging for the powder! It's got a metallic iridescent top which just looks so luxurious and gorgeous. The mirror inside is also quite generous though it isn't my favourite type of mirror just because it sinks in a little. 

Laneige Water Supreme Finishing Pact SPF 25PA++ sponge

Inside the compact is a small section to hold a powder puff. The pact actually comes with a second packaged puff to use after the first one becomes unusable. I love how the puff is actually sectioned off from the actual powder by a clear plastic divider. It keeps the powder hygienic and so that the puff doesn't breed bacteria everywhere or get dirty easily. You're supposed to put your fingers under the ribbon on the puff so that you can easily roll/pat the powder onto your face. 

The shade I have here is 01 Light Beige which is a pretty good match for my NC20 skin. I know the photo seems to make the powder look pink but in reality it's quite a light neutral shade. It would probably be still suitable for those who are slightly paler or darker than me as the coverage is light. The powder doesn't offer amazing coverage but I didn't expect too much since it's designed to look as natural as possible. I've tried layering it up and it still looked really nice and natural. It could possibly be built up to medium coverage with multiple layers but by itself it's just light coverage.

Laneige Water Supreme Finishing Pact SPF 25PA++ swatch

According to the Laneige site, you're supposed to apply the powder in a particular order which goes from cheeks to forehead to nose and then finally the chin. I've tried applying it in this particular order but I didn't notice any differences between this and my normal way of applying powder. I also tried applying the powder with a fluffy kabuki brush and I found that using a kabuki brush applied way more product than with the puff. It was also a lot easier to overapply the powder and look cakey so I wouldn't recommend it. However it does really boost up the coverage of the powder. 

The powder is finely milled and is lightly fragranced. I love all the scents of Laneige products as it is usually quite soft and is not offensive. The finish of the powder is a gorgeous natural semi matte look. It does brighten up my face and it seems to make it more radiant as well which I love. It truly does have a fresh youthful quality to it! When applied gently over a dewy foundation, it seems to let the foundation shine through unlike mattifying powders. I wouldn't put it in the same category as the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders which look a lot more shimmery. 

Overall I really do like this powder however it's a bit difficult to get your hands on this in Australia. I've seen it available online but I've only ever seen it once in a bricks and mortar store in Sydney (might've been called Blush or Bloom Cosmetics or something - they stock mainly Korean and Japanese makeup). 

Price and Availability: $59 online at Strawberry Net, Kogan or Yesstyle. I've also seen it available in  beauty stores in Chinatown Sydney for around $65

Repurchase: Yes if I don't find anything better in the future but I do think it will be a while until I finish it anyways. 

4 comments:

  1. I remember the good old HSC days, the kids in my grade were incredibly chill about the hsc so a lot of people ended up with UAIs in their 20-30s.. but most of them are now quite successful! I want to go to Korean just to buy beauty products!!! Laneige is quite dear in Sydney .. so i'm hoping for a better price in Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I've never tried anything by laneige, but this powder definitely sounds like it's worth a try! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review, I like how this product is suitable for dry skin but it's such a shame how pricey it is in Sydney! I'd also recommend using a hydrating primer to reduce the dryness and using a setting spray instead since that helps me out a lot.

    Chloe Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice pics! Great blog!
    Would you like to support each other by following each other´s blog! Kiss 💋

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)