Friday, 31 July 2015

Skincare Hauls + First Impressions

Priceline skincare haul garnier trilogy uriage

I know I'm supposed to be on a bit of a "ban" but the lure of the Priceline 40% off skincare sale last Tuesday and Wednesday really made me throw my restraint out the window. I've basically used all the products at least once or twice but I really don't think that gives me a full picture of the products. So from left to right:

Garnier Gentle Cleansing Milk 200mls- I first heard about this from a friend who also suffers from dry skin who recommended this as their favourite makeup remover. I've since tried it a few times and I do really like it as it's reasonable at removing makeup and doesn't dry skin out. 

Formula 10.0.6 Clarifying Skin Mask 100mls - I've been interested in trying out mud masks since so many people seem to rave about the Glam Glow Youth Mud but I really can't see the need to fish out $25 even just for the mini sample. If this gives me a good experience with mud masks then I suppose I'd be interested in trying Glam Glow's masks too. 

Trilogy Organic Rosehip Oil 20mls- I've been loving this as an extra step in my night routine since it's just so moisturising! It's only been two days but I really feel as though my skin is less flaky and smoother. Unfortunately I accidentally knocked this over on my table so there's only like 3/4 left. 

Uriage Thermal Water Spray 300mls -  One of my first dips into French skincare! This was a bit of an unplanned purchase but I've been liking it so far. I think this would be a great product for the warmer seasons as it does cool my face after using it. I got the bigger size so hopefully it lasts me a decent amount of time since it was quite expensive even though it was on sale. 

I was also hoping to pick up the Botani hand creams but I didn't seem to find them at the Priceline that I went to. I also meant to pick up a few backups of Lucas Paw Paw Ointment but I forgot. Oh well, I'm sure there'll always be another sale. 

Skincare Haul feat Estee Lauder, Clinique, The Face Shop, Laneige

This is a Sasa.com,au haul that came on the same Tuesday as the Priceline sale! Sasa is a site that predominately sells Asian cosmetics, skincare and haircare. They do have plenty of bigger brand names such as Clinique, Lancome, SKII etc but I tend to buy off Sasa just for the Asian products. I placed my order on the 19th of July which means that it took almost one and a half weeks for the products to arrive. I'm not too fussed as I always expect more time for international shipping and I wasn't in a hurry to get the products anyways. I originally planned to just pick up another Laneige Balancing Emulsion Moisturiser (a favourite for around a year) but I accidentally sneaked a peak at the "Today's Specials/Instant Deals" page which lured me into buying an additional 3 products. From left to right:

Estee Lauder Lip Conditioner SPF15 - This was part of the daily specials which I fell for. It's basically just a lip balm but in a fancier tube. Unfortunately the formula is quite soft and I accidentally put the tube too close to the heater so a part of the tip of the balm has melted. I wouldn't normally spend a huge amount of money on just a lip balm but this was only $3.50 so I decided to give it a shot. Probably wouldn't repurchase unless it was the same or a similar price. 

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion+ 50mls - I've previously used my mum's bottle of Dramatically Different Lotion and I didn't think much of it. I still don't think much of this moisturiser as I think it's alright but there are definitely better moisturisers for the price. This was part of the day's specials so I decided to pick one up as they're great for travel. 

The Face Shop Herb Day 365 Peach Cleansing Foam 170mls - Really impressed by this cleanser! I don't normally use cleanser for my face as it usually feels too drying. The only ones I've liked in the past are pretty expensive and hard to find so I just gave up on cleanser. Until now! This cleanser is just sooo creamy and I don't experience any dryness or tightness afterwards. I definitely snagged a deal when it was only $3.50 for 170mls! I use a tiny coin sized amount for my whole face and it cleans amazingly. Highly recommend! 

Laneige Balancing Emulsion in Sensitive 120mls - I normally use the regular Balancing Emulsion but I decided to give this one a go just because it might have slightly better ingredients. It works pretty much the same as the regular one, though it doesn't have the lovely Laneige floral scent any more. I feel as though I don't like the Sensitive version as much as the regular version except I can't seem to pinpoint flaws at the moment. 

Phew I guess I should hold out on any more skincare products from now on. I just realised how massive this haul turned out to be - even though it's just 4 products each from two stores. Still I don't really regret anything as all the products as I did research a majority of them. And luckily that they've all been relatively suited for my skin. I do need to play around with these a bit more but, so far so good!

Feel free to jump over to Fabulous and Fun Life to discover more beauty and makeup posts :)

13 comments:

  1. I didn't expect the Face Shop cleanser to be so affordable! Great haul, I love skincare :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually quite affordable overseas! It's just Australian pricing as usual. But you can get them online for just as cheap sometimes :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a fan of SaSa too. I usually make a bulk order of face masks once in a while. Loved going into their store while I was in asia too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have any good recommendations for dry skin? I'm loving the Nature Republic masks but I tend to get them in the city

      Delete
  3. I'm obsessed with new skincare items! I also picked up a few things from the Priceline sale! Great picks :) I like that cleansing milk as a gentle moisturiser.

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying all my new things out! I'm so glad Priceline has these sales where I can splurge out a bit more and try new things :)

      Delete
  4. I love the Formula 10.0.6 mask - it's one of my favourites. I hope you love it too! I actually really love the Clinique DDML+ it's one of my favourites as well! xx


    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried a Trilogy product I didn't like! I didn't get on with the Formula 10.0.6 mask though, I don't have sensitive skin at all and it felt like my face was literally on fire - I washed it off immediately. I hope it works out for you! x

    Daniela | MissNewBeauty.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep reading about the GlamGlow masks, too, but they are so expensive I can't justify getting it. Hope the Formula 10.0.6 Mud Mask is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My skin has been loving Rosehip Oil this winter. It's so moisturising and nourishing, especially for my more mature skin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely haul!
    I walked into the Priceline sale with the intention to 'just have a look'. Yeah, that didn't go as planned! LOL

    X

    Anjelique

    www.anjelique.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it's any consolation Yip I have quite a few skincare products backed up in my drawer waiting for a slot in my skin care routine to try them out - I rarely stick to the same ones as I'm still looking for my perfect formula, so I just keep buying and stashing and EVENTUALLY giving them a go ha ha. Love the Trilogy Rosehip Oil though. Great review and your writing style is so entertaining and honest ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul!! I love the thermal spray. It's such a refreshing toner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)