Thursday, 16 July 2015

Review: Bellápierre Mineral Lipstick

Bellapierre mineral lipstick in Catwalk
Bellápierre is a brand that I've only recently heard of. They focus on natural mineral makeup and have a whole range of products that would be suitable for a majority of people. I'd just like to say that I'm not someone who goes crazy over mineral makeup but I do think it's something interesting to try. Sometimes mineral makeup powders can make my skin feel quite uncomfortable so I decided to go ahead and try a lip product instead.

The Mineral Lipsticks are made with natural waxes and mineral pigments and antioxidants such as Vitamin C and E. They're also free from parabens and a whole long list of other bad chemicals. Apparently the natural pigments should also provide protection against the sun which I found pretty interesting. The lipstick is housed in a matte black tube that looks rather luxurious in my opinion. The tube feels quite lightweight which is not what I'd really expect from a mid range lipstick. The quilted pattern on the side is very reminiscent of the Revlon Lip Butters.
Bellápierre Mineral Lipstick

The shade I chose was Catwalk, a semi matte soft pink with slight shimmer. It actually looks a bit similar to my natural lip shade but seems to pull a bit coral looking on my lips. It's great on my lips but probably a better shade for the warmer seasons as it brightens up the face. Catwalk is a very clean looking colour, one that I wouldn't hesitate to use for an interview or at work. 

The Mineral Lipsticks are slightly fragranced and smell very much like the signature MAC vanilla smell. Catwalk feels much creamier than the MAC Creamsheen range however it did occasionally sink into my lip creases and can make your lips look quite dry after a few applications. It wasn't uncomfortable on the lips but it definitely wasn't as lightweight as I had hoped. Catwalk lasted around 2-3 hours on me before it seemed like it disappeared which isn't good in my books. 

Overall this product does not disappoint. However, it doesn't particularly wow me in any way either so I'd say it's a reasonable lipstick to get if you're interested/prefer mineral or natural makeup. The ingredients for this lipstick look much more natural than regular lipsticks. It was very pleasing to see that the main ingredients listed are natural oils. Most of the ingredients appear to be non-synthetic ones which may be quite appealing to some people. For me personally. I think I enjoy using this lipstick simply because I know that it doesn't contain any harmful substances. 

Ricinus Communis (Castor Oil), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Candelilla Cera( Euphorbia Cerifera), Castor Isostearate Succinate, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Copernicia Cerifera Cera (Carnauba wax), Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis(Jojoba) Oil Seed, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phytosterol (Vitamin C), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Vanillin

Price and Availability: $34.95 online at the Bellápierre Australia website or at selected beauty stores in Melbourne and Perth. 

Repurchase: Maybe another shade from the Mineral Lipstick line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)