Monday, 6 July 2015

My Experience with Ry.com.au + Mini Reviews

Last month, Ry.com.au contacted me and suggested I have a look at their site which is one of Australia's biggest online beauty stores. They also kindly sent me some products to play with! Since the Australian dollar hasn't been faring so well lately, it is probably better to support and purchase products from Australian companies. Economically it also makes me feel better about supporting and stimulating the Australian economy rather than overseas ones! 

ry.com.au

Here's a quick overview of Ry.com.au:
  • Stands for Recreate Yourself
  • Free shipping over $99 or $6.95 flat rate for anything under
  • 100% money back guarantee on authenticity of their products 
  • Free samples with every purchase! Who doesn't enjoy some cute samples?

They also stock amazing brands like Anastasia Beverly Hills, ASAP, Shanghai Suzi, Bare Minerals, Beautyblender, Becca, Burberry, Dior, Clarins, Nuxe, Youngblood, ModelCo and so much more!


Beauty Haul from Ry.com.au

I have to say that the shipping was pretty pleasing. My package was sent out on the 4th of June and I received it on the 9th of June, the day of my first final exam. This was much faster than I expected and the products were carefully packaged and wrapped so that they would not break during transit. 


Kardashian Beauty Hair

RY stocks an amazing range of brands including the famous Kardashian Beauty line!

First is the Kardashian Beauty Pure Glitz Hair Spray*. Now I don't really use hairspray much since my hair tends to be quite manageable most of the time but I found this one quite comfortable to use. It has a medium hold on my hair and it doesn't look too glossy or too matte. It left my hair reasonably soft and natural looking so I'd most likely use it for taming my hair regularly. I didn't find anything remarkable about this hair spray - it was an okay product. I usually use hairspray for formal events which require a stronger hold hairspray. 

Next is the Kardashian Beauty Smooth Styler Blow Dry Cream*. Now this was a great hair product! I used it on it's own and I loved it! It really softened my hair and reduced the frizz in my hair after washing it. It made my hair feel soft without being airy and it retained the shape of my hair pretty well. I tried to style my hair using the cream and it worked....to an extent. It really has a salon quality finish and feel to it and I think it would be an amazing product in the hands of someone more skilled than me at blow drying. The smell isn't as pleasant as the other Kardashian products but it didn't bother me too much. 

Kardashian Beauty Hair

Ry also sends free samples with every order and this time one of my samples included the Kardashian Beauty Black Seed Dry Oil*! How cute is the mini bottle?! Apparently this was the oil that Kim doused herself in for her famous Break the Internet photo shoot. This has got to be my favourite out of the Kardashian hair products! It felt quite heavy on my fingers but felt lightweight on my hair! It smoothed out some of my tangles and it reduced frizz in my hair. I have to say that I really enjoyed trying out the Kardashian hair products! The packaging felt very sturdy, sleek and luxurious without breaking the bank! 

Napoleon Perdis Finishing Powder
I also received the Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish Close-Up Complexion Perfecting Powder*. Couldn't really capture the powder very well since it's basically white but you can see it through the transparent case. Originally I thought that it wouldn't really suit me as it seemed a little too shimmery and pale for me when swatched. However it actually turned out to be one of my favourites out of all the products! It's a very finely milled transparent powder that gives you a natural clear skin look which I adore. It lasts a reasonable amount of time for a finishing powder and it hasn't irritated my skin at all! 

Jane Iredale Lipstick
Another one of my favourites would have to be the Jane Iredale Puremoist Lip Colour* in Lucy! It's such an amazing lipstick! It has a fruity smell and amazing colour pay off. It's definitely a colour that I would use a lot (I do love my pinks after all!) and possibly even every day! It's quite comfortable and lasts quite long for such a moisturising lipstick! I usually get about 4-5 hours wear out of this lipstick which makes it great for the lazy days :)
Bioderma
Another sample I got is the Bioderma H2O Micelle Solution*! This mini bottle looks great for travelling and it's definitely something I've always wanted to try. It's quite comfortable to use and it removes a majority of my makeup rather smoothly. I might do a comparison post comparing this to the cheaper Garnier Micelle Solution to see which ones better. 

I also received a Blinc Liquid Eyeliner* and the Clarins Instant Light Brush On Perfector* which can be seen in the unboxing photo. I've been trying them both out for about a week and I have to say that my feelings are a bit mixed about the two. My skin has been a bit temperamental whilst I've been using the Clarins Perfector and I'm not really sure whether it's because my skin is reacting to it or if it's an ingredient in the product. I was sent Shade 01 Pink Beige which is a surprisingly decent match for my skin, though it does seem a little pink for my liking. 

Overall I'm quite pleased by this shopping experience. The service team at Ry are incredibly friendly and I would definitely buy from them in the future! I'd like to thank Renee and Ry.com.au for organising this review package for me. She was lovely to talk to and had great recommendations for products that suited for me. She also got the right lipstick shade and concealer/highlighter shade correct for me! 

I'd definitely suggest everyone check out Ry.com.au as they stock so many great brands at great prices :)



3 comments:

  1. I tried Ry.com.au a while ago too and it was pretty great! They have a good selection of stuff! xx

    Sweetaholic Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems like they carry a lot of nice brands, i really want to try bioderma!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really considered the KK products,but your review has really made me reconsider! I'd love to try the oil!

    Shame that the skin perfector didn't quite work for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)