Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Review: Tony Moly I'm Real Tomato Mask Sheet

Tony Moly I'm Real Tomato Mask Sheet Radiance
Time for Tomato!

So as mentioned before, Tony Moly actually makes a wide variety of sheet masks and I'm really liking this line at the moment since it  features 11 different mask types which target varying skin concerns. I'm slowly working my way through all of the masks/reviews but my favourite at the moment is still the Avocado one. The one that I'm reviewing today is the Tomato one which is for Radiance. The back of the package says "makes rough skin look smooth and radiant". Always good to know what to expect from a mask. Instructions on the back are pretty basic (and in Korean) but the main idea is to prep the skin prior to using the mask and to leave it on for about 20-30 minutes which is pretty standard for a sheet mask.

I must admit that my skin isn't currently in the best of conditions. After all, exams are looming around the corner and there are just way too many things to study for in too little time. Despite this, I still like to attempt to maintain myself and take care of my skin with simple skincare like using a face mask every few days. I've recently noticed that my skin has been looking a bit dull and so I decided to try the Tomato mask for the first time! 

Interestingly, the first thing I noticed about the mask was the fragrance. It has a pretty cute sweet smell - kind of like a mix of fruit and honey rather than tomatoes. It's a little artificial but after a while I began to enjoy the smell. Personally I think it smells a bit like the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX but less floral. 

The actual mask itself was a little disappointing. My skin felt sticky, tight and uncomfortable immediately after removing the mask so I decided to lightly splash my face with a bit of cold water to calm it down. The mask sheet liquid was not milky like the Avocado mask but rather translucent instead. I went to bed shortly after removing the mask and I had hoped that I would wake up with that celebrity worthy glow. I was wrong. So very wrong. My face didn't look nor feel better than it did before the mask. I think the tightness I felt was my pores closing up? That usually happens when the products I use are too drying on my face. 

Thankfully, I didn't break out or have any extra spots on my face after using the mask. The Tomato mask is definitely not as great as the Avocado one but it does seem to be targeted towards people who have different skin concerns to me. I really wouldn't recommend using this mask for radiance since it did nothing of the sort for my skin. Personally for me, I'd rather just use a homemade green tea face scrub if I wanted my face to look more radiant. 

Price and Availability: $2-3 per sheet at Tony Moly stalls or ~$1.25 each for a pack of 20 at Aha Beauty stores in Strathfield or Parramatta OR online at Sasa.com

Repurchase: No

1 comment:

  1. It's sad that the product didn't work well for you, at least the avocado one is good!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)