Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Review: Daiso Ellefar Topcoat Mascara


Sorry everyone! I know I haven't posted in a while but that's just because I've been actually swamped with so much work! Exams are also around the corner as next week will the final week of Semester 1. I'm always freaking out because I actually feel like there's so much I don't know and I'm not even really sure what I'm supposed to have learnt this semester. And as someone mentioned before, passing this semester means that I'll be 10% through with university eeeek. 

I've got a short and sweet review on a new staple of mine and that's the Daiso Ellefar Topcoat Mascara. Daiso makes a small collection of these with three different mascaras - a base coat (white tube), a black fibre mascara (pink tube) and a top coat setting mascara (blue tube). It was my first dip into the world of mascara setting gels and unfortunately for me it was highly disappointing. 

I'm just going to say it upfront - this mascara is terrible as a top coat for lashes or mascara! The formula is a gooey, thick clear liquid which is absolutely atrocious at holding a curl. It has a traditional bristly wand which is great at grabbing all the lashes. It does help in adding slight volume and darkness to eyelashes but I do think that it's a bit too heavy to use. Using it on my eyelashes just make them all droopy and sad so I would not recommend this as a top coat. Instead I would just recommend purchasing a reasonable waterproof mascara. 

I do however, love using this mascara as clear eyebrow gel. It's thick enough that it can hold my tiny eyebrow hairs in place whilst giving off a very natural finish. There is a small amount of shine in the mascara but personally I think it just adds more dimension to my sparse eyebrow hairs. Whilst this is not a step that everyone may need, I do think that this mascara does an amazing job on the eyebrows. I'd imagine that it would be amazing for school kids or students who aren't really allowed to wear makeup. Using something like an eyebrow gel can easily boost one's look without appearing like they're trying too hard). It's also super affordable so it's a great option for students! It does tend to wear off after around 4-5 hours and it does not make my eyes itchy (as other eyelash gels have in the past). I'm disappointed by it's function as a top coat, however this mascara is definitely worth a shot people who are interested in taming their brows naturally.  

Price and Availablity: $2.80 from Daiso stores 

Repurchase: Yes! Will probably use the collection together :)

Note: Might be jotting down a few bullet points of the last few weeks but we'll see how that goes. 

3 comments:

  1. love your blog :)
    have a great weekend!
    kisses:)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad it was disappointing as a top coat mascara, but at least you managed to find another purpose for it! Daiso products are really hit and miss though I haven't tried too many of their beauty offerings. I absolutely can't live without their cotton puffs though - they're simply the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I never pay attention to the makeup section of my local Daiso despite being a TOTAL daiso lover, but I think now I'll have to!

    The packaging of that mascara is WAY TOO CUTE and I've been looking for a little pick me up for my eyebrows!

    Thanks for the review ^^

    http://pynkbunny.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)