Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Review: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler Review Asian Eyes
The infamous Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. This was an impulse purchase for me as I was just checking out the Laura Mercier counter when I noticed that Shu Uemura was having 25% off selected cosmetics. I was hoping that the eyelash curler would also be on sale but unfortunately it wasn't. I got it anyways since the SA did a really nice job of curling my lashes even though I already had mascara on.

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

When I tried it at home my mind was immediately blown. How could something that looks and works exactly the same as a cheaper product be so much better? I was expecting the curler to be good but not great seeing as there is only one use/function for it and that's to curl lashes. What I wasn't expecting was the ease of use and the longevity of the curl. It's definitely something that a beginner would be able to use easily and still achieve an amazing look. The shape of the curler is a lot flatter than my previous Manicare one which I think would suit people who have more curved eye shape. I still get pinched occasionally when I'm using this curler but I think that's just because I have slightly hooded eyes so all the extra skin is still getting caught. It's less painful than my previous curler though.

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler Mascara

For these types of products I think showing is better than telling. The above is a photo of my eyelashes curled with one coat of mascara. Just one! From no eyelashes to cute short curled ones yay! It's amazing how eye opening curled lashes can be and curling lashes + mascara is definitely something that could be easily incorporated into my regular morning routine.

Just a quick tip: The curler only comes with one additional rubber refill which is disappointing as it isn't sold individually. However I'm sure that there'll be other rubber refills which could fit into the curler but I'm just not sure as to how well they'll work. Shu Uemura recommends changing the band every few months but I doubt I'll do that as it just seems like a waste.

Price and Availability: $29 at David Jones or $23.50 at StrawberryNet

Repurchase: Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)