Wednesday, 11 February 2015

High Tea at The Westin

High Tea The Westin Hotel Mad Hatter Alice In Wonderland Afternoon Tea
Yesterday I went out to catch up with a close friend of mine. We hadn't seen each other in a while so we decided to have something super nice. We decided on high tea at the Westin Hotel since apparently it's in the top 10 places for high tea in Sydney so that's got to mean something right?
High Tea The Westin Hotel Mad Hatter Alice In Wonderland Afternoon Tea Menu
How exciting! We went for the Mad Hatter's Afternoon Tea instead of the Heritage Tea because this one sounded great on the menu and it's definitely not something you can experience everywhere. I did notice some people having the regular high tea though. It looked good and I think there was actually more food but our one was cuter so I'm glad with our choice.
High Tea The Westin Hotel Mad Hatter Alice In Wonderland Jasmine Pearl Tea
 I started off with a Jasmine Pearl tea. Very light flavour so I added in some sugar cos I needed a hit.
High Tea The Westin Hotel Mad Hatter Alice In Wonderland Afternoon Tea Layers
The whole high tea set. Desserts on top and the savoury on the bottom. I usually eat most of the savoury foods first and then eat a dessert, finish off the savoury stuff and then eat all the desserts. Apparently its better to switch it up with savoury - sweet - savoury - sweet so that the sweet flavours don't clash!
High Tea The Westin Hotel Mad Hatter Alice In Wonderland Afternoon Tea
Lower tier. The side closest to the camera is my side which is the normal option. The food on the other side is the vegetarian option.
High Tea The Westin Hotel Mad Hatter Alice In Wonderland Afternoon Tea
Alice in Wonderland - Alaskan crabmeat salad on double bread wrapped in cucumber. This was my favourite out of all the savoury foods. I didn't realise it was crab because I think there was a slight tuna taste too? It just tasted like a mix of seafoods imo but it was definitely really light and tasty.
High Tea The Westin Hotel Mad Hatter Alice In Wonderland Afternoon Tea Tweedledee Tweedledum
Tweedledee and Tweedledum - roasted beef and fresh asparagus roulade on mini laugen. These were also pretty good. I usually don't like asparagus or any of those types of vegetables but I suppose it was alright here since the flavour wasn't very strong. The beef was very nicely cooked and seemed pretty fresh.
High Tea The Westin Hotel Mad Hatter Alice In Wonderland Afternoon Tea Tweedledee Tweedledum The Caterpillar
The Caterpillar - Cherry bocconcini and tomato on fresh green salad boat. Idk does that actually look like a caterpillar cos I don't even see how it represents a caterpillar except for that fact that there were greens underneath and caterpillars are usually on leaves lol.
High Tea The Westin Hotel Mad Hatter Alice In Wonderland Afternoon Tea Drink Me Mojito
"Drink Me" Blueberry Mojito - Super glad that I ordered this as an extra! It wasn't too sweet or too sour or bitter so it was just right to my tastes. I think this is a drink a lot of people would like as it isn't too extreme in any way. It's also lovely to look at and the alcohol content isn't too high which makes it great for high tea since you don't really want any heavy drinks. Didn't end up finishing it all even though I wanted to because I was distracted by all the other drink options. I like this so much that I think I'm going to try and make these in the future hehe.

Dessert time!
High Tea The Westin Hotel Mad Hatter Alice In Wonderland Afternoon Tea Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts - Layers of raspberry buttercream, chocolate ganashe and raspberry jelly. This was the first sweet I tried and it was delicious! I'm not a fan of jam but this was really good. In fact, all the jams that I had during the high tea were pretty good.
High Tea The Westin Hotel Mad Hatter Alice In Wonderland Afternoon Tea
The White Rabbit's Pocket Watch - purple macaroon with blueberry cream filling. This. Was. Amazing!!! I LOVED it so much! I've never had a macaroon that was this tasty! It left me feeling so satisfied and sparkling. If it were possible I would totally buy a dozen of these and then just hide in a corner, cradle it and then eat it slowly. I'm not even joking when I say that it's the best macaroon that I've ever had. Seriously. Great. Highlight of my whole day. Probably my week too. If you like macaroons > mud cake then save this for last so the flavours can remain in your mouth forever.
High Tea The Westin Hotel Mad Hatter Alice In Wonderland Afternoon Tea  Hat
Mad Hatter's Hat - rich dark chocolate mud cake encased in chocolate icing. Photo Credits. Borrowed this photo from the friend that I went out with since I forgot to take a pic of the hat cake. The icing was so green and food coloured that it made my lips and teeth green after a while! I ended up not eating half of the icing since I didn't really enjoy it that much. The cake inside was just average. It was moist and sweet but I didn't think it was superb or anything. Just a regular cake. 
High Tea The Westin Hotel Mad Hatter Alice In Wonderland Scones
 These were the scones that came later. They were alright. I'm usually not impressed with scones since I know how to make them myself anyways lol. They did look quite cute and appetising though.
High Tea The Westin Hotel Mad Hatter Alice In Wonderland Scones
Strawberry jam, cream and chocolate. They were all pretty nice I suppose. I only ended up eating one scone anyways. 
This is the tea and coffee menu that you get to choose from. It's unlimited refills/types so I would recommend changing teas every so often so that you get to try more teas. I tried Lychee Black, Jade Sword Green, Jasmine Pearls and Silver Needle. Unfortunately the cold drinks aren't part of the unlimited drinks but I was pretty happy with my drinks options anyways. 

Overall I would recommend the Mad Hatter's Afternoon Tea. It was a pretty lovely experience and none of the foods were disappointing for me. I was originally a bit sceptical since it didn't look like there was going to be a lot of food but I ended up not finishing all the food anyways. It was a day of good food and good company and good times :)

2 comments:

  1. That White Rabbit Pocket Watch macaroon looks absolutely amazing! It looks almost too good to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you!!! We should go high tea some time soon again! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)