Friday, 9 January 2015

Movies I've Watched


So I'm at work and I don't really have anything to do and I want to blog at least every few days so I'm just going to blog about all the movies that I've watched recently. 

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies:
Oh Smaug. Oh Benedict. Such a great opening with the battle for Laketown. Loved all the action in this movie and the first 15 minutes is already dedicated for the battle with Smaug. Got quite annoyed at the leader of the dwarfs because he became so greedy and unlikeable (he tried to throw Bilbo off the wall and that's not ok in my books). However I'm glad that he realised his flaws and came out on top in the end. 

Big Hero 6:
Totally thought that I wouldn't enjoy it but wow it actually almost made me cry. Yes some parts were incredibly stupid but I feel like the teen angst was a bit justified in this movie. I like that the movie title is a pun on the protagonist's name Hiro. Bay Max is also the cutest robot I've seen in a while and I personally think the idea of a personalised health robot is just genius. Someone out there should totally work on making Bay Max a possibility. I mean I would but I lack the physics skills for that. 

Penguins of Madagascar:
Also super cute and I was supposed to go with friends but then I went with work people since they had a free ticket. I must admit that the main antagonist was quite...lame. I suppose he was quite typical of the regular animated evil genius out for revenge. His little minion octopuses were really quite creative and made the fight scenes and chase scenes very enjoyable. I loved how Private was actually the one who saved the day but I felt that coming since he hatched from his egg. 

The Interview:
Such a controversial movie that I had to watch it (just like A Siberian Film). I felt that the humour was a little forced and the jokes weren't true jokes. They were jokes that were based on the stupid actions of characters or the stupidity of their plans or the stupid things they were saying. Some scenes felt quite fake and there was a lack of connection between the characters and the viewers. Sometimes it was just an agony to watch. Also I'm not Korean but I did find the movie a little offensive and rude. Sometimes the humour is very snarky and a little racist which I'm usually fine with but this movie is like a whole new level. I learnt a new word whilst watching this movie and it is "honeydicking" which I think means being super nice to someone just to gain their trust. 

Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb
One of the better movies so far in the trilogy. I wasn't really a fan of the second movie but this one was great! They travel to the British museum to try and find a cure for the corroding tablet. We also get to find out what happened to the previous night guards! The humour was very standard compared to the other movies in the franchise. The ending was very bittersweet and I felt...sad. Some parts didn't really connect - particularly the explanation for the ending. Overall I still really loved it but I don't think they should make another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)