Monday, 5 January 2015

Review: ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit

Doing my eyebrows has been something that I've only recently gotten into. My first encounter with brow products was a Rimmel London Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Grey which I randomly got as a freebie in Westfields. Every time I tried to fill in my brows they looked hideous and obviously done up. The pencil didn't have the best pigmentation and the colour wasn't the best on me. I tried to use my mum's eyebrow brush after using pencil to attempt to soften it up. That didn't work either so I just gave up for a few years and left my brows as they were. 


Last year I saw the ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit in Dark on iHerb cart during the makeup sale for only $2.50 so I snatched it up immediately. And damn I did not regret this impulse buy at all! The kit has sleek and minimalistic black packaging that reminds me a lot of NARS packaging except without the rubber and fingerprints. The kit is also quite sturdy and comes with a small double ended brush which makes it perfect for travel. Personally I'm not a fan of the brush - it works relatively well but I do feel like the pigmentation is stronger if I use the ELF Small Angled Brush. 


The kit comes with two types of products to help create sexy brows - a wax product for shaping and controlling the hairs and a powdery product to help set and colour in the brows. I prefer to use the wax side by itself for a super clean cut "on point" brow look and the powder by itself for a natural brow look. Both the gel and the powder are reasonably pigmented in my opinion and it's a great drugstore gem to have. When both the wax and the powder are used, the lasting power is amazingly good as it tends to last me a whole summer day and night without any touch ups whatsoever! Of course the intensity of the brows aren't as strong as when I first applied them in the morning but it's definitely still there by night time. 

If you look at the photo carefully, you can see that there's a small dent in the wax side of the kit. That tiny amount lasted me almost a whole month of eyebrow filling so this kit is definitely well worth what it costs! I expect that it'll last me at least a year but I suppose it depends on how heavy handed you are when you fill in your brows. I tend to be a bit light handed sometimes as I run out of time in the morning :P

The kit also comes in 4 different shades: Ash, Light, Medium and Dark. I think that most people would be able to find a shade that suits them. The shade Dark seems to be a good choice for me but I do feel as though the powder is a little bit browner than I expected and isn't the same colour as the wax. However I feel as though this is a bonus as using the powder over the wax gives my brows a little more dimension which looks more natural. The wax is a great match for me and I would recommend this shade for those with black/dark hair. 

Overall this is definitely a favourite of mine and I'll be using it for a long time to come. I used to be quite interested in Benefit Brow Zings but now I feel as though my desire for it has diminished significantly as I am really satisfied with this ELF one. 

Repurchase: YES SUCH A BARGAIN

Price and Availability: $3AUD at iHerb.com or $8 at ELF stands in Kmart and at elfcosmetics.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)