Tuesday, 22 October 2013

86,400

Imagine that you had won the following prize in a contest:
Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 in your private account for your use.
However, this prize has rules, just as any game has certain rules.

The first set of rules would be: 
  • Everything that you didn't spend during each day would be taken away from you. 
  • You cannot transfer money into some other account. You may only spend it. 
  • Each morning the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that day.

The second set  of rules: 
  • The bank can end the game without warning
  • It can close the account and you will not receive a new one. 
What would you personally do?
You would buy anything and everything you wanted, right?
Not only for  yourself, but for all people you love, right?

Even for people you don't know, because you couldn't possibly spend it all on yourself, right?
You would try to spend every cent, and use it all, right? 


This prize, is the gift of time.

Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life, and when we go to sleep at night, we lose the remaining time. What we haven't lived up that day is forever lost. Yesterday is forever gone. 

Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time.... without warning.

So, what will YOU do with your 86,400 seconds? 

I read this online and it really sort of spoke to me. Like I always procrastinate and waste my time because....I suppose it just feels natural. And it's a Hamlet thing where we want to procrastinate just to avoid doing the serious stuff. But after hsc I'll take this advice and I'll think more about what I wanna do in life I suppose. After Biology, I'll only have less than a month left of childhood. Add on another month and that'll be 18 years of my life that I've wasted doing....I don't even know.

Yeah ok after hsc will be the beginning of a new Amy ^__^

Or maybe after new year...for 2014 ^__^


And the procrastination happens again 

1 comment:

  1. Lol when I read the title and first few lines I thought this was going to be a time payments question.

    So glad no more 2U maths.

    And in two days all maths shall be over yay :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed visiting my blog! I love reading comments so feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can catch up with you too :)